Context: as a tenant administrator you can’t inspect KeyVault contents created by other people (“you are unauthorized to view these contents”).
Solution: assign yourself appropriate permissions like this:
Locate the KeyVault in the Azure portal:
- go to “Access policies”
- click “+Add Access Policy”
- Key permissions: everything under “Key Management Operations” and “Cryptographic Operations”
- Accordingly for key and certificate permissions
- Select yourself as principal
- Leave the Authorized application empty
One thought on “Azure diaries: can’t access KeyVault”
Thanks George. This helped as the Microsoft documentation doesn’t adequately describe this step.